For best results, keep the following in mind when caring for your new fireclay sink:
- Clean daily with a mild cleaner and warm water. We recommend using natural ingredients that will not harm your sink or the planet. A simple mild solution of baking soda + vinegar or eco dish soap + water is all you need.
- Wipe surfaces clean with a soft brush, sponge, or cloth.
- Keep the sink free of standing water to prevent buildup from the mineral deposit. A mild vinegar + water solution can be used to clean any mineral deposits.
- For deep cleaning or stubborn stains, you may use Bar Keepers Friend or Bon Ami. Always rinse the sink with water after using a cleaning solution and wipe dry.
- Use the manufacturer-recommended cleaning products. Here is a list for you to consider:
- Fantastik Antibacterial Heavy Duty
- Astonish - Over and Cookware Cleaner
- Formula 409 Antibacterial AllPurpose
- Green Works All-Purpose
- Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach
- Soft Scrub Lemon Cleanser
- Bar Keepers Friend (for rust removal)
- Super Iron Out Rust Stain Remover (for rust removal)
- Never use abrasive chemical cleaners as they can dull and scratch the surface. If you have cleaners, always test your cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous area before applying them to the entire surface.
- Never use paint removers, oven cleaners, or aggressive chemical solutions to clean sink surfaces.
- Never use an abrasive material such as steel wool or a scouring pad as it can damage the sink surface and cause discoloration.
- Never store open cleaning containers under the sink such as acids, bleach, sodium chloride, lye, toilet bowl cleaner, drain cleaner, or hard water stain removal products under your sink.
Jun 21, 2022